Charlottesville, Virginia
1.3

Amerigas stopped regular deliveries to our house, even though I called and they assured me that we were set up to receive them. We ran out several times last winter, and again this winter we have run out twice.

The first time it cost us $427 for a 100 gallon tank to be refilled, and they assured us that we would be back on the schedules and that it wouldn't happen again. The last time it was again not delivered and we ran out on a friday. I called and they said that we had a balance, but it wasn't even on the due date yet. They said they didn't know why we hadn't gotten the delivery, but they charged us $85 to check for leaks and $150 just to show up, and again $427 to fill up the tank.

We wouldn't have needed an emergency delivery if they had just delivered it as agreed upon. The emergency guy came and he hooked up an auxiliary tank and then went through and checked for leaks. He said something didn't seem right, but it seemed like it was working fine and he left. Well, it wasn't working right at all.

He had hooked up the tank to our original tank and turned that on, then not turned our tank back on, so no propane could go into our system. We had no heat or hot water for the rest of the weekend. Someone came out monday and turned it on and took away the aux tank and filled up our tank. He said that the dude never should have put the other tank on, he should have just filled our tank and been done with it.

I called the office and got a message and was directed to corporate. I talked to a very nice customer service rep that could give me no answers at all. All she could tell me is that she would have management give me a call back in 3 to 5 days. That was a month ago.

No call yet. We're switching to a different company.

We've been paying $4.22 per gallon with Amerigas, and Tiger fuel is going to charge us $1.99 per gallon. There's no excuse that can explain any of that...

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Amerigas Pros: Driver attitude.

Amerigas Cons: No delivery when expected.

• Price Gouging