Baltimore, Maryland
2.3

In the past my tank rental was free based on the amount of gas I buy. Now, I just found out that the tank rental is charged annually regardless of the amount of gas purchased. The contract states that they can change the rental agreement without notice. AND, they charged it without notice! Just sent a bill with no explanation of the change.

I called and there is nothing I can do because that was a company wide decision. I ask if that is how they treat customers that stay with them when they could not supply gas and would not even answer the phone. I am changing suppliers.

My commercial account did not change!

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Amerigas Cons: Office staff.

• Propane Tank Refill

Comments

Look, I hate AmeriGas just as much as the next guy, but this isn't AmeriGas' fault...it's yours for not reading the Terms & Conditions. Be mad at their customer service or whatever, but don't try to blame them for your mistake of blindly signing a contract.

They were well within their means to do it. You should have read the fine print.

There is 1 effective strategy: Buy your own tank.

Amerigas Reviews