Winter Park, Florida

amerigas is a terrible gas company to deal with.When i first dealt with them they were fine,but last year they overfilled my tank then overcharged me on my bill.couldn't get it resolved so i decided to go with a local company.I called amerigas to come get their tank and was told i would have to pay a termination fee of 100.00.For what?I have had other propane services and never incurred a fee.So what i plan to do is charge them for every day the empty tank sits in my yard .a storage fee.And it is legal.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Comments

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

Amerigas doesn't realize that "the BIGGER you are, the Harder you fall" ! They don't see the Forest for the Trees!!

There are many, many, other Propane Companys. Some realy treat the 'Customer' like they "NEEDED" them!!

Imagine that?! A company that actually needed "The Customer"

"Does "AG & "gassman" get speacial privledges for being such "Knee-Pad-Wearers"??? You guys sure know how to "Kiss-Up"!!!

It's the 'customer' that pays your salary! Maybe that 'Brown-Nosing Boss'forgot to tell you that!! There are other Propane Co. that charge "LESS"!!

Go to Blossman Gas, Freeman Gas, G&B Gas, Energy United, Southern Stas, Suburban Gas, R&G Gas!! You guys need to look around! Even though Amerigas is "The BIGGEST", does not mean they "are the best"!!

It's obvious to those that 'DID-NOT" ride the short-bus(AG & gassman)!! What "JERKS"!!!

Al Ritter, you had better check your credit rating.....AmeriGas don't play...they really don't like empty threats from loud mouthed punks

"Janet, Notify Amerigas that you are charging a 'Daily-Fee' for every day (including Sat, & Sun.) until your money is returned. Let that 'FEE' be 'unknown' until you get your money!

Also notify BBB of thier actions!

I suggest using Blossman Gas!! Blossman treats people rght!!

ameragas owes me 451.92 they said i would get it in 4to 6 weeks it has been 7 weeks now nothing.i have called on 7/31/09 they told me someone will call. did not happen i called on 8/3/09 they said someone will call .they are closed now no one called.

:( :sigh :upset :( :cry :? i think i will call the news people.they should not ripe people off this way

Well it seems the threat to cut their tank into little tiny pieces worked, they removed it next day!

Last year Amerigas charged me $6.10 a gallon for propane when the east coast average was $2.98. I called them and they explained that because I use so little, I would be charged more per gallon.

I complained, but they wouldn't listen. They offered to lower it immediately to $4.99, I still refused, so I turned them into the state attorney general's office, and they negotiated $3.40. I paid that, and thinking they had learned their lesson, I let it ride.Last week I found out I was wrong, now they want to charge me tank rental! $47.00 a year!

I called to tell them to remove the tank and refund me the amount left in it. They informed me there would be a termination and tank removal charge!

WTF is wrong with this company? I told them I will NOT pay for any fee, and if they wanted their tank in one piece they WILL pick it up at no charge.........guess they didn't learn their lesson.

I work for Amerigas and it is not in their contract that they will pay a storage fee for a tank sitting. It is in the contract however that a term fee is charged.. even though a fee is not charged to set the tank.

@AG

If you work for AmeriGas perhaps you have an answer to my issue with them. I had been with a propane company for many years and paid $12 per yr.

rental on the tank. They last filled my tank in Jul 2012. I was not aware that AmeriGas bought them out and while I was in Florida for the winter, the tank was filled (3 1/2 gallons) for which I received a bill that included very high fees in addition to the fuel. About the same time I was sent a bell from Amerigas for tank rental of $70 per year.

I told them I never signed a contract with the, nor did I authorize a delivery in Dec 2012. I told them I don't want them or their fuel. Why should I be charged for removing the tank. It should have been removed by the company I had a contract with (actually that company took it over from another one about 7 years earlier, so who knows where the contract is.

I say that I am not obligated to pay for the gas or tank removal. I agree to pay to remove "my gas" from the tank but not the tank removal.

Amerigas Reviews