2.9
Additional Fees

Update by user Jul 02, 2017

Update: After a stern email to Barry Powell, District Manager, and doing my calculations in print, I received a refund of $80.66. Wow!

Big difference in me owing $48. However, I also requested an invoice for the return of the 250 gallon tank which was not in my list of invoices or documents online. I got that invoice showing the tank returned and a refund of $95. Where did that get credited?

I cannot find it, and I have no refund for that. Still fighting for it. Although I have gotten some refund, it is the principal that they thought I would just curl up in a ball and suck my thumb.

Not happening. I will update as I hear anything.

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2017

I had two different accounts for two separate tank set ups. I had a 250 gallon tank that I paid $94.55 rental January 2017.

I had tank picked up near end of February 2017. Deduct two months rent from the paid rental at $7.88 per month = $15.76. Balance for refund should have been $68.79. When I notified the company they said it would be credited to my account.

May 2017, still no sign of refund/credit on my account. I decided to change companies. I had them come pick up my two 500 gallon tanks on May 26th, 2017. They charged $59.99 fee for dispatching to pick up, and it was at less than 10% on the tank(s).

They stated I owed $40 for the blocks under the tanks. I provided those blocks when the previous company (Margas) was my supplier. They were bought out by Amerigas. They credited the prorated tank rent on the two 500 gal.

tanks. They wanted $48.04 for remaining balance. When I called and questioned items I was told they would have to go research the previous company's record to verify the blocks and also to reopen and see why I did not receive my refund/credit on the 250 gal tank. No matter what happens with the blocks, I will still be owed approx.

$20.00. While not a large amount of money, it is the principal of them doing this and hoping I would just pay and go away. If they do this to all of their previous customers it would add up.

I know many who would have just paid and gone on with life. A big company ripping off the little person no matter the amount.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Reason of review: owed refund on tanks.

I liked: Delivery personnel as they are freindly, Drivers are courteous.

I didn't like: Are ripping people off.

Comments