Riverton, Wyoming Amerigas would not deliver propane because their tank rental that has been raised $3-$5 a year had not been paid yet even though Lieap (state energy assistance)had approved for them to get $1148.So over $77 they are giving up $1148 and denying a person who just had a heart attack (4 days ago)any heat.

There needs to be something done to stop the control this company feels they have. I even said I would make a payment of half now and I was rudely interrupted and told no that I would have to pay it in full before they could make an arrangement. They have put me on a list of not doing anything for because I had called the head office and reported what they were doing to me a few years ago so they know they have a monopoly here and take advantage of people like I. I wonder how many elderly they have they have threatened in the same way.

They are very rude and I pray none of them are ever in a situation as some people are being disabled and not able to get their own propane.God bless them all, they need it.

Had an Experience with Amerigas?

Comments

what the person you called at the state says and the check the company gets are 2 different things. Just becasue you qualify for a lot of help doesn't mean you'll get it generally people receive arounf 300 to 500 in liheap assistance becasue the stat has limited funds and lots of people in need.

Lyman, South Carolina, United States #262943

Whoa is me, quit whinning about the free handouts you are not getting!!!!!

Amerigas is not a charity they are a for profit company but I know, they should give you propane for free becasue you had a heart attack or you have 8 kids. give me a break, take responsibility for your own actions for once in your life!!

#252001

It's going to be 4 degrees tonight, I have a 3 year old and an 8 year old in the house and Amerigas is DENYING to deliver propane- which I advised them WILL run out tonight.It's below 5 on the tank.

Our bill is paid CURRENT, it was $630 last fill. I was told they want the next bill UP FRONT cash on delivery with an additional $117 for a rush delivery. LOL!! I NEVER have paid cash on delivery, they have ALWAYS left a bill and we have always paid it.

NOW, they want us to run a credit check to get propane. It will run out in probably a couple hours and my KIDS will be freezing....

This should be illegal.I will contact the attorney general and also show all of the other complaints against Amerigas.

We are sorry to hear about your situation and apologize for your recent experience with AmeriGas.AmeriGas prides itself on providing our customers with the highest levels of customer service and we would like to help.

Thank-You.AmeriGas Customer Service.