Amerigas installed a very old tank in 1997 that is now leaking. Past 6 months will have to have tank fill 2 times at 75 gals(they will not come out for anything under this amount.

I am very conservative on my gas and never used this much gas in the 12 years until 6 mos. ago. They were suppose to fix leak at main valve 3 mos. ago, 2/2/2010, they did give me 25 free gals and I had to pay for 75 gals, which I feel was not enough, I did not use this much gas but tank now reads 30 gals left.

I call to get another tank May 13, was told she would take care of it, as of yet nothing is done, but just loosing gas. I am ready to tell them to pick up tank and cancel service with no charge to me. If they want to take me to court, I am ready to go.

My amerigas records can be pulled to see the average of gas I used each year for 12 years. I feel I am being ripped off big time.

Review about: Amerigas Gas Tank.

Comments

#231903

Thank-You. AmeriGas Customer Service.

BabyEagle3475
#161926

Amerigas Customer,

obviously you're having good service with them,good for you but what about those of us that aren't? have your family went without propane for almost a week,have you had to heat water in a microwave to do dishes?

And depending on where you are in the country & what kind of winters you have you may use 50 gallons of propane or more so don't squawk at people that have had to & especially whenever their homes are dependent on that propane for heating,washing,cleaning,showering or bathing. I hope they can either repair mine or give me a new tank as I would love to have propane back, heating water to clean dishes in the microwave gets kinda old after a while :/

BabyEagle3475
#161921

thanks for sharing your misery & probs you've been having with Amerigas, my family are going thru the same thing. We've lived here for 6+ years now & have been using Amerigas the past I'd say 2 or 3 years & they've always been pretty reliable up until now.Ok our propane went flat out last Thursday night & so we thought we'd be ok a couple of days without it on account of the holiday & we knew we didn't have to go anywhere.

When I called them yesterday morning to let them know about us being out,the lady on the phone asked how much was in the tank & I said "0" & she said "oh dear well we'll get somebody out there very soon to fill it up for you but it might be later on this evening because our guys are very busy out in the area" - we usually buy 100 gallons between 2-3 times a year & we use propane here to heat our home in the winter, which in TX sometimes our winters aren't much & of course cooking,hot water to wash dishes either by hand or in the dishwasher & most of all for taking showers or baths - nobody wants to take a cold shower here. So we waited for them to show up & come 7pm they still hadn't came out & I thought that they'd be here bright & early this morning because we've had them here at a little after 7am before,that's what I was hoping they'd do this time but they didn't & I called them back to see if we'd been forgot about,didn't get the lady instead got some guy who sounded like he didn't know which up was end :/ & asked for a number to call us back at when he found something out. He calls back & said that the delivery truck broke down yesterday evening but that they were fixing on it as we were speaking & that they'd be out again this evening to fill it up.

They show up at abt 4:30 this evening, one guy with the hose & another guy with some kinda pinkish spray stuff - they lifted the lid & the guy sprayed some stuff around where they fill it up at & says for someone to come look at what he'd done & how the stuff was bubbling around the valve.

They said that we had a leaky service valve/regulator thingy, when they said that I about lost it because right now my family's finances aren't the greatest & I was like "how much is this gonna cost to fix?..." & one of them said "I have no idea ma'am but we can't fill your tank until you get it fixed" & I turned to my son & said "your dad's gonna have a conniption fit about this! If it's not one *** thing it's another" & they said that their company could let us use a new tank from them for a year free & after that it would be $70 a year which doesn't sound bad but I'm just very disgusted that this is all happening now when we really can't afford it & that their people don't act like they know what the heck they're doing. Our tank is also a very old one,it's been on the property since 1969.

We should've had them put a new one in whenever we moved in but we didn't think, you know how when you first get into a place you're all excited & busy getting stuff situated/squared away that you don't have time to worry about something until it messes up,that was us.I think that if we ever move again we're going to go through & take note of everything to see if it is something that can be fixed later or needs to be right away that way nothing like this happens again. I don't know how long we'll be without propane or if we decide to stay with them when they'll get around to getting back with us about the issue cause I played *** getting them to come out this time :/

I'm just trying to help -- this is how companies get better and improve their customer service.

If you'd like to take another look at Ferrellgas, I'm more than happy to dig in and better understand your concerns. If not, I wish you the best.

Jim, you must really be hurting to sink this low to come on a consumer site to advertise Ferrell Gas. Tell everyone about your locked in rate with the fine print of "price is subject to chage" printed at the bottom.

I received one.

How can you call this a locked in rate if the price is subject to change. Oh yeah I left your company because of the 4.099 per gallon that your fine company tried to charge me to make up the difference of everyone that is promised that supposed locked in rate.

Essex, Maryland, United States #151185

I have been fighting with Amerigas over the same thing. I have a 1000 gallon tank.

They claim I have run through 3700 gallons in a year!

I found a leak in Feb, got it fixed and the propane drain has eased. However, Amerigas wants me to pay for all the gas that leaked out!

You can say "safety is first" and that "customer service is next," but that doesn't make either of those things necessarily true. What the poster is saying is that AmeriGas has failed on at least one of those two fronts.

Either there is a leak (safety fail) or they're not communicating effectively about their service and why the customer might be experiencing a gas loss (custoemr service fail). It's likely a failure at both levels.

Poster: If you suspect a gas leak and your provider is not responding at what you think is a sufficient level, please call either another provider or your local fire department.

So you have used 50 gal. in the past three months of winter!

If your tank had a leak the Amerigas rep. would have either fixed it or replaced the tank.

Safety is first with Amerigas, customer service is next. If you think you can find a better customer service and safer company, than I challange you to find one!

Yes, please do. Like most large companies, Ferrellgas has some unsatisfied customers and it's their right and even their responsibility to air their concerns for others.

We're not perfect, but we work hard to address legitimate concerns for the benefit of our customers and our business. I'd strongly encourage anyone in the market do their homework about any provider they're considering.

I'd also look into Ferrellgas' history of following up on and resolving customer issues and compare that to how consumers airing concerns about AmeriGas are treated. I think you'll notice a marked difference.

Feel free to check out all the complaints about Ferrell Gas on this and other sites before you talk to Jimbo here.

Ferrellgas would love to win your business if you're interested in talking. Please drop me a note at jimsaladin@ferrellgas.com if you'd like to speak with one of our people in your area.

Whatever happens, good luck and be very, very careful around a leaking tank.